Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Edit page issues with Full control permissions

Hi All,

I was struggling with an issue where the user couldn't able to edit the home page of the site despite having full control permissions to the site via. Owners group. For the meanwhile, I've added user to Site Collection Admin group. But that is not a proper solution to the issue.

I deep dive through internet to identify the root cause. After lot of research, I got to know that if there are no permissions for 'Master Pages and Page Layouts' library then other than site collection administrator no one can edit the pages.

I checked the same to the site and observed that there are unique permissions for 'Master Pages and Page Layouts' library and no one other than site collection administrator can see its content. I made the library inherit permissions from parent and removed the user from site collection admin group as I did earlier. Luckily, it worked and user can able to edit the page without having herself to get added in site collection administrator's group. :)

Thanks,
Kunal Basu

No comments:

Post a Comment